Advanced approval is required on ALL MAILINGS including invitations, promotional materials, DVDs, streaming mailings, etc.
Please email all materials for approval to:
DO NOT PRINT OR DELIVER MATERIALS TO MAILING HOUSE WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL!
NOMINATING COMMITTEE MEMBER COUNTS:
Motion Picture: 2,500
TOTAL COUNT FOR MAILINGS: 2,600 (allows for replacements)
MAILER GUIDELINES & RESTRICTIONS
- A maximum of 2 physical mailings per title may be sent to Nominating Committee members through our union mailing house. This includes DVDs, postcards, booklets, invitations, promotional materials, etc.
- All mailings MUST include “Paid For” language below:
- NOT PAID FOR BY SAG-AFTRA – or – PAID FOR BY [STUDIO/COMPANY]
- Any reference to the Nominating Committee must be referred to as the “SAG Awards Nominating Committee” or “SAG Awards Nom Comm”. Do not use “SAG” or “SAG Nom Comm”.
Size and Specifications
The SAG Awards strives to be as green as possible, with this in mind, please consider keeping your promotional mailers eco-friendly and minimal.
- Plain envelopes only (no return address) required for all mailings.
- Mailers cannot exceed 7” x 7” and up to 5” in depth, not including approved envelope or packaging.
- Any promotional pieces should not exceed 5” x 7” when folded.
- Mailers can be any shape and include images, logos, etc.
- LCD mailers, including those with sizzle reels or trailers, are not permitted.
- Whenever possible, official SAG Awards categories should be used on FYC materials.
- If necessary, categories may be truncated by removing “performance by a”. See examples below:
- Outstanding Cast in a Motion Picture
- Outstanding Female Actor in a Leading Role
- Outstanding Male Actor in a Comedy Series
Quotes and Laurels
- Only reviewer’s quotes from legitimate, recognized news organizations regarding submitted performances may be included in FYC materials. Quotes must not include negative or disparaging remarks about any actor, film, television, or new media program. All quotes must be approved by SAG Awards.
- Laurels are permitted to include in FYC materials.
Other Promotional Materials
- Any promotional items must be approved by the Awards Office.
- Promotional material and extras must be performance-focused with 90% of the material directly related to the submitted performances.
- Promotional materials and extras (provided with or without screeners) may not contain any gift items.
UNION MAILING HOUSE
All mailings to Nominating Committee members MUST go through our Union mailing house. Payment for postage/handling should be worked out in advance of mailing and must be paid prior to your mailing going out.
- Los Angeles Area, Regional, and Nationwide Mailings, please contact Donna Gomez at West Coast Mailers (firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 773-5391).
- $500 fee for each physical mailing (in addition to any immediate postage and handling fees from the mailing house).