The below is meant to for reference. Please refer to our complete Rules and Regulations for details.
THEATRICAL MOTION PICTURES
Must be scripted, feature-length (over 60 minutes in running time), and first publicly exhibited (previews excluded) before a paying audience in a commercial motion picture house in Los Angeles County for at least a seven-day consecutive run commencing in calendar year 2018.
- Short films (60 minutes or less in running time) and documentaries are noteligible.
- No non-theatrical public exhibition or distribution may occur prior to the first day of the Los Angeles County qualifying run.
- Any eligible film motion pictures with a day and date release in theaters and on video on demand (“VOD”), or other new media platform, may only be submitted as a Theatrical Motion Picture.
Television and cable programs must have first aired in the United States in primetime (between 8PM -11PM Monday through Saturday and 7PM - 11PM Sunday) and in the case of new media programs must have first been exhibited on a recognized new media platform in the United States and share the traditional primetime format relevant to all programs eligible for nomination. Eligible programs must air in calendar year 2018.
- 30 minute scripted comedy series format with an ongoing theme and storyline in a minimum of six continuous episodes (reducible to a storyline of four continuous episodes in the cases in which the series is subject to a “short order”).
- In order for a sketch comedy program to be considered, content must be 100% scripted with recurring characters appearing in sketches within the eligible season.
- 60 minute scripted drama series format with an ongoing theme and storyline in a minimum of six continuous episodes (reducible to a storyline of four continuous episodes in the cases in which the series is subject to a “short order”).
- A scripted single closed-end program which tells a story with a beginning, middle and end, with a minimum duration of primarily 90 minutes.
- A single title, multi-part closed-end program based on a single theme or storyline which is resolved within the piece in two or more installments, with a minimum duration of primarily 150 minutes.
- Series with four or fewer installments in a calendar year may be considered in the Limited Series category. Any television movie or limited series previously submitted as a theatrical motion picture is not eligible.
MOTION PICTURE CAST AND TELEVISION ENSEMBLE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Single-card main title billing
Comedy and Drama Television Ensemble Inclusion
- Must meet both requirements for inclusion
- Series Regular or Guest Star contract
- Appear in majorityof episodes airing in 2018 (i.e. 6/10, 7/13, 12/22).
*ALL ELIGIBLE ACTORS MUST BE INCLUDED.
There are no minimum episode count requirements when submitting in an individual television category (Male or Female Actor in a Drama/Comedy/Limited Series).